How to notify the Product Registry about substances and materials

In the Product Registry information is saved on chemical products, that are manufactured in or imported to Denmark.

If you manufacture or import a product that fall under the obligation to report, these products must be notified to the Product Registry.

This is how you notify 

You notify the Product Registry about hazardous products via OnlineAT.

Log in to the Product Registry (OnlineAT)

User Guide to Product Registry (pdf)

You will receive a PR number when the substance or the material has been registered in the Product Registry.

You must ensure that the PR number is stated on the packaging of the substance or the material no later than one year after you have received it.

Furthermore, you must include the PR number in the product’s safety data sheet (instructions) in item 1.1.: ”Product identifier”, or in item 15: ”Information regarding regulation”.

A PR number is not an approval of the substance or material - it only serves as proof that it has been notified to the Product Registry.

Foreign manufacturers can register substances and materials

A foreign manufacturer can register a substance or material instead of the Danish importer of the substance or material. The foreign manufacturer must state CVR nos. of the Danish importers.

The Danish importer(s) will automatically receive a message in their official digtal mailbox (e-Boks), where they will be asked to confirm the import of the substance or the material.

The foreign registrant must submit the same updated information as required of a Danish notifier.

In addition, every other year, the Product Registry will ask the Danish importer to submit information regarding the actual quantities imported.

Updating of notifications

You must update information regarding a registered product if there are significant changes to the information you have previously submitted. This could be changes in the composition, changes in the labeling, or if the import or manufacture of the substances and materials is terminated.

For example the information regarding a registered substance or material must be updated if the classification and labeling is made according to the CLP Regulation instead of the Danish Environmental Protection Agency's regulations.

You must also notify the Product Registry if the company’s legal status changes, e.g. if it is issued with a new CVR number.

Updates must be made online

You have to log in to the Product Registry via OnlineAT to register the changes. Once you have logged in you can search for the product in question and supply the new information.